State Law Department
The primary role of the State Law Department is to provide legal advice to the Vologda Oblast Governor and to the departments and units within the local government. The Department analyses local draft legislation to ensure that it is consistent with the federal laws.
It works closely with local government departments, and oversees legal drafting process. The Department also supports units of local government and executive bodies of state power of the Vologda Oblast in the anti-corruption examination of legal acts projects.
The State Law Department is divided in units specialized in particular fields of activity. One of the units of the Department, is responsible for maintaining a database of legal materials of Vologda Oblast's municipalities.
Main functions of the Department:
- rendering effective legal assistance and guidance in cooperation of the Vologda Oblast Governor and the Vologda Oblast Government with the Legislative Assembly of the Vologda Oblast, federal agencies of state power, territorial forms of government, and executive bodies of state power of the RF subjects;
- supervising and overseeing the conformance of municipal legal acts to federal laws and Oblast's laws, as required by the Federal Law N 184-FZ dated as of 06.10.1999;
- supervising and monitoring the contesting of the cases in various courts of law, defending state interests of the Vologda Oblast Governor and Vologda Oblast Government in courts;
- coordination of rule-making activity of executive bodies of the Vologda Oblast;
- keeping of a single bank of regulatory legal acts of Vologda's municipalities;
- interaction with local self-government bodies;
- assistance for local self-government bodies and executive bodies of state power of the Vologda Oblast in documentation preparation and drafting.