Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection
The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Vologda Oblast works in accordance with the Clause of the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection confirmed by the Vologda Oblast Government Decree N 362 dated as of 05.04.2010.
The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection works to ensure the preservation, development, wise use, and enjoyment of Vologda's natural resources for the greatest benefit to the Oblast and its citizens. The Department coordinates all natural resources activities within the Oblast and reviews and evaluates all natural resources policies, plans, programmes.
Main functions of the Department:
- formulation and implementation of policies that involve the management of the environment, and the prevention and control of pollution;
- supervision of policies and programmes that concern the conservation, use, and replenishment of the Oblast's natural resources;
- management of organization and functioning of specially protected territories of regional value, maintenance of Red Book of the Vologda Oblast;
- control of environmental protection;
- handling of water resources fund;
- environment research and education;
- air protection management.
The International Project “Ecological culture. Peace and consent” is implemented in Moscow by the Ecological fund named after V.I. Vernadsky, the International Ecological Public Organization “GREENLIGHT”and the Interregional Ecological Public Organization “GREENLIFE”.The project is aimed at revelation of developed projects and ideas that imply practical importance for formation and development of ecological culture of population of theRussian Federation. The project was launched in 2012.