Department of Fitness and Sport
The objective of the Department is to promote sports in the Vologda Oblast by implementing sports policies and to develop all around personality of youth and to render service to community at large and to involve young people in nation building through various activities.
The division of sports has the overall responsibility of providing technical services and functional sporting facilities to enable mass participation of citizens in sporting activities.
- to organize sport competitions;
- to facilitate other sporting activities;
- to provide training and development programmes;
- to manage physical education programmes;
- to provide technical assistance;
- to develop and implement sports policies;
- to promote sports development, community sports, healthy life-styles and physical activity;
- to prepare Vologda's athletes for participation in regional and international sporting activities.