Department of Education
The Department of Education of the Vologda Oblast works in accordance with the Clause of the Department of Education confirmed by the Vologda Oblast Government Decree N 1586 dated as of 20.10.2009.
The Department of Education is an executive body which fulfils state functions of in the sphere of education in the Vologda Oblast.
Main functions of the Department:
- education management, including preschool, comprehensive, extended education;
- management of primary professional education;
- management of secondary professional education;
- management of extended professional education;
- management of high educational institutions;
- supervision and control for legislation compliance in education, control for education quality;
- funding for realization of basic comprehensive programs.
Moscow International Education Fair was launched on Monday, April 27. This year, the traditional large-scale forum has undergone some changes: due to the coronavirus pandemic, the events were held online.
RAEX Ranking Agency (Expert RA) made a ranking list of best schools in Russia. The Vologda multi-discipline lyceum and Cherepovets school # 10 joined the TOP best schools in terms of competitive advantage of their graduates.
The Science Forum has brought together top science students from Russia, CIS-states and foreign countries.
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation published the list of 500 best schools of Russia. Four educational institutions of the Vologda Region are on the list of the 500 best schools of Russia. The Vologda multi-discipline lyceum is in the Top 25 of the best schools, which showed high educational outcomes in the 2016-2017 academic year. Three more educational establishments - Vologda school №1, Vologda Gymnasium №2 and Cherepovets Lyceum are included into the list of the 500 best schools of Russia.
Two educational institutions of the Vologda Region entered top 200 schools of Russia on quality of training for entering the leading HEIs of Russia.