Committee on Information Technologies and Telecommunications
The Committee on Information Technologies and Telecommunications of the Vologda Oblast works in accordance with the Clause of the Committee on Information Technologies and Telecommunications confirmed by the Vologda Oblast Government Decree N 1105 dated as of 27.09.2010.
The Committee is authorized for carrying out policy in the sphere of information technologies, telecommunications and communication. It carries out its tasks and functions directly, also through the local executive and administrative bodies, subordinate organizations and institutions.
Within its competence, the Committee performs the following functions:
- management of information society and formation of e-government in the Vologda Oblast;
- implementation of regulation in the field of informatization in the Vologda Oblast;
- development of telecommunication links;
- research and development work in the field of information;
- planning, organization, control, accounting and reporting concerning informatization of the Vologda Oblast;
- allocation of information about the Vologda Oblast Governor, Vologda Oblast Government, executive bodies of the region and municipal administration in the Internet.
The IT Forum meets regularly to promote information sharing across the region IT community. For the tenth year in a row, it provides an important forum for the exchange of ideas and information for educators, students, professionals and local government officials.