Меню

Museum of arts

The art department was established in 1957. It is devoted to the art and culture of the Vologda region from the 14th - early 20th centuries, and exhibits relics of Orthodox culture.

Since 1992 the two sections of the art museum has occupied a building constructed in the early 20th century".

Two permanent expositions occupy two exposition halls with a total square of 1000 sq m. These are "Russian orthodox art of 14-19th centuries" (Russian icons, facial stitching, manuscripts, old books, foundry and enamel) and "Russian art of 18-20th centuries" (original works of famous Russian painters, furniture, fancy porcelain, glassware, bronze). Under the museum a small gallery of modern art where works of Cherepovets and other painters are exhibited is formed.

Address: 30a, Sovetsky Prospect, Cherepovets, Russia

Phone: (8202) 51-75-25