The working hours of the Museum - 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
From June 1 till August 31 - 9.00 a.m. - 8.00 p.m.
All the year round tourists can visit:
- Church of the Nativity of the Virgin
- northern and western porches of the Cathedral of the Nativity of the Virgin with Dionosy's portal wall painting (dating back to 1502)
- Church of the Annunciation with the Refectory
- Treasury Chamber
- Church of the Nativity of the Virgin (1490)
- St. Martinian Church (1641)
- Gate Churches, the Churches of Epiphany and St. Ferapont
- Exhibition in the cellar of the refectory
The Museum offers exhibitions devoted to the history, architecture and artworks of the Ferapontov Monastery, to Dionisy's murals and memorable events.
- Murals in the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin
- Main series of Dionisy's frescoes in the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin
- Old Russian murals of the 14-16th centuries
- History of the Ferapontov Monastery
- Life of the Patriarch Nikon in the Ferapontov Monastery
- Sts Ferapont and Martinian
- The surroundings of the Ferapontov Monastery (Lake Borodaevskoe, adjoining villages and churches)
- Walking and riding tours on the territory of the Ferapontov Monastery and in its surroundings (with a visit to the Church of Elijah the Prophet, Church of St. Nicholas the Miracle Worker, adjoining villages and country estates).
People travel to Ferapontovo not only to worship the relics of Saint Martinian and the memory of Saint Ferapont, to admire the old architecture and wall painting of the Nativity Cathedral, but people come also out of the interest in the history of the villages and people living there.
The path to the cathedral, which contains Dionisy's wall painting, winds through the most beautiful countryside. Near the Ferapontov Monastery, villages, whose origins go back to the distant past, are scattered on banks of rivers and lakes close to each other. Mount Tsypin (204 metres above sea level) is 3 kilometres south of the monastery. It is the highest point not only near the the Ferapontov Monastery but throughout the Russian North National Park. In 1968, Mount Tsypin acquired the status of a site of natural interest and beauty not only because of its landscape but also because of its biological diversity: 200 species of plants were found on its top and slopes.
Bus service: bus routes Vologda - Vytegra, Vologda - Lipin Bor, Vologda - Kirillov, Cherepovets - Kirillov