Department of Economic Development
Department of Economic Development of the Vologda Oblast works in accordance with the Clause of the Department of Economic Development. The Department of Economic Development is the main local government body responsible for carrying out the investment policy, foreign economic activity, trade and economic relations. It is responsible for co-coordinating the activities of federal and regional executive bodies in relation to foreign investment, domestic and international trade, preparing concession agreements and production-sharing agreements, infrastructure development.
The Department of Economic Development develops and maintains foreign economic relations for the Vologda Oblast fostering partnerships that increase global visibility, cultural understanding and economic growth.
Within its competence, the Department performs the following functions:
- investment activity development;
- scientific and innovative activity development;
- Vologda’s trade and economic relations, as well as economic integration with the Russian regions and foreign states;
- control for liquor market of the Vologda Oblast;
- control for observance of normative and legal documents;
- assistance to enterprises and companies of the Vologda Oblast aiming to participate in international exhibitions, fairs, presentations and any other activities;
- preparation of agreements, contracts, memorandums, minutes of deliberations about foreign economic relations;
- organization of events aiming to attracting foreign investment;
- development of export capacity and provision of wide integration of the region's economy into the national and world economy;
- provision of small- and medium-sized business of the Vologda Region;
- modernization and technological renewal of key industries, localization of production, introduction of modern resource saving techniques;
- works coordination in development of investment programs;
- development of the proposals for stimulation of export potential development, optimizing foreign trade and payment balances, carrying out preparation of forecasts for the export of goods (works and services).
An online meeting of Vologda-based companies with the Trade Representative Office of the Russian Federation and business community of the Republic of Tajikistan will be held on August 12.
According to preliminary data, the volume of exports of agricultural products in 2020 amounted to more than USD 35 million.
Glass manufacturing industry of the Vologda Oblast is represented by the following large enterprises: OOO Chagoda glass-works and Co, OOO Severnaya glassware company and an affiliate of Ruscam Glass Packaging Holding.
Cherepovets is an important centre of chemical industry in the Vologda Oblast. It focuses on production of phosphate-based mineral fertilizers, phosphoric and sulphuric acids, aluminium fluoride, ammonia, urea, ammonium nitrate (AN) and other nitrogen-based fertilizers.
The Vologda Oblast is a highly-developed industrial region, which has a network of transport and energy infrastructure, stable ratings of investment attractiveness and solvency.
Taking into account the adverse epidemiological situation, III International Conference on Biotechnology is held via a video conference in Vologda. It gathered 83 speakers and over 200 experts from 15 Russian regions and such foreign countries as Germany and Finland.
A delegation of the Moravian-Silesian Region of the Czech Republic arrived in Vologda on an official visit on December 4.
The Russian-Chinese scientific and practical conference “Social and Economic Development of Russia and China” is held on the basis of the Vologda scientific centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Vologda’s entrepreneurs strive to develop partnership relations with Uzbekistan. The business mission to Tashkent and Fergana, Uzbekistan was held on November 4-7, 2019. The visit was organized by the Centre of Export Support "My Business” and the Department of Economic Development of the Vologda Region.
“100 Best Goods of Russia” contest is the All-Russian Program that selects from the variety of products made in Russia 100 best products by product innovation, economic impact on a national scale, quality management systems and technical regulation. Over the years of its existence, the contest became widespread throughout Russia and has become one of the important phenomena of business life in Russia.
IV International Cooperation Council kicked off in Vologda on October 31st. The International Cooperation Council gathered leading experts, government officials, business support institutions and public organizations from ten Russian regions and such foreign countries as Germany, Finland, France and the Netherlands.